Fund Management Summit 2016
Investment Week's 4th Fund Management Summit returns on October 4th and 5th and is the premier meeting point for the UK Investment Management industry.
2016 potentially marks the most significant year in the UK's financial services industry since 1986 when the original Financial Services Act was drafted.
With the first official conclusions of the Financial Advice Markets Review (FAMR) recently released from the FCA at the same time as it undertakes a look at increasing competition in both the retail/wholesale and institutional asset management sectors, what are the implications for the industry and advisory community?
From a European perspective Mifid II and Prips are dominating, but is the UK industry in ‘sync' with the way Brussels and the EU are thinking? The industry will also be wrestling with the outcome of a vote by the country on Brexit, what will the impact be on the UK's financial community?
This year's Fund Management Summit will be tackling some of these big macro issues as well as looking at the micro issues facing asset management companies and the providers of investment advice and financial planning to the public, including some of the technology implications.
Bringing together a dynamic range of senior decision makers, fund influencers, thought leaders, industry stars and heavyweights from within the industry, along with constructive and challenging outside perspectives, our carefully researched agenda will inform and educate on the most pressing issues affecting the UK market.
Benefits of attending:
- Hear from leading fund managers as they explore and debate current investment thinking in our popular panel: ‘Investment Heavyweights challenge the consensus'
- Debating the hot issue of renumeration: what is a fund manager's worth?
- War stories and honest insight from firms that have set up business in the US: learn from their experiences
- Latest practical advice and guidelines on MIFID II and other pending regulations
- The opportunities and threats of disruptive technologies: How will these really impact the fund industry?
Investment Week on TwitterTweets by @InvestmentWeek
Join us as we explore:
- Overcoming the biggest barriers preventing firms from developing simplified advice offerings
- Revealing hidden costs: MiFID II for Fund Managers
- Using technology to achieve the core goals of asset manager, distributor & client
- UCITS V remuneration: Will the costs be sky high?
- Unravelling the complexities of cross border management
- Top methods to reduce your distribution costs
- Cyber risk: Understanding your exposure and addressing vulnerabilities